Terms and Conditions
Notice for repairs
- Items brought for repair may be replaced with identical refurbished items.
- Repairing items might cause data loss.
Payments – for any queries please contact us
- Goods will not be handed over until full payment has been made
Insurance and risks regarding goods
- As soon as the goods are delivered to your specified premises, the responsibility of theft, damage and all insurance responsibility will pass over to you.
- We aren't responsible for any malfunction on the system caused by you or any software and therefore if found, you will need to pay as per our normal hourly rates.
- Any issues found during the warranty period, we will be happy to investigate that matter provided you bring the goods to us and we will try our best to provide you with a solution but if found the cause of the issue was exercised by improper handling of the system, we held no responsibilities for it.
Nature of contract
- Date of service provision and delivery dates are estimates only but best efforts will be put to meet any estimated dates.
- It might be required to send an item to a third party for repairs but priority given to diagnosis and repair in site.
- We cannot provide the solution to a problem beyond our scope of service guarantee.
- If we are interrupted while we are completing a service and we are unable to build the solution for the interruption, that would void the warranty on the service on an immediate basis. Also, you won't be getting any refund on the service provided.
- No warranty is provided on the sale of goods manufactured by a third party.
What customers are expected to do
- Customers are required to pay for any adjustments or replacements.
- The operator under you must be sufficiently trained to be able to use the goods purchased.
- You must perform general maintenance procedures.
- Reports of errors must be provided quickly.
- An adult must be present when an on-site service is being provided.
- You have to take the precaution as instructed.
- You should not attempt to modify any software provided.
- Authorities will not be responsible for any copyright infringement by the user or any third party.
Cancellation of appointments
- In case of being unable to deliver your goods or provide services, your order might be canceled and a written notice sent to you.
- If the customer cancels an onsite service, a cancellation fee may be charged depending on the expenses and losses incurred.
- The client must notify us 24 hrs prior if they want to cancel an appointment with us, however, failing to do so will penalize the client with 50% as a cancellation fee.
- If we cancel an appointment, then we shall notify the client 12 hours earlier at the least and if we fail to do so then a 20% discount will be given to the client.
- No refund will be made for the services booked on the same day.
Notice regarding repairs
If by any means, we have to take the said item for off-site investigation, the client is expected to oblige and give a written consent or email approval in order for us to further find solutions for the client.
For all repair jobs - upfront minimum 50% payments must be made. Failure to do so could delay carrying out the job significantly.
Also if the repair jobs are required some parts replacement, although we will try our best to finish the jobs early sometimes there could be a significant delay subject to parts availability. However, will always keep you posted on how we are placed with this.
Any feedback, suggestions, and complaints are very welcome
Hardware related upgrades are performed offsite on our Lab for Windows PC, Mac, Servers, Phones, Screens and more. In this case, we will organise a time with you for pickup (Sydney Metro Areas Only) and then once the job is done, we will organise a time with you to return(Sydney Metro Areas Only).
When we do the hardware refresh or replacement that could affect the data, we would generally fully backup the system before performing any actions to ensure no data is being lost. Our data retention policy is 7 days from the date we delivered the service. Please note, we do keep info for a while just in case if anything is being found missing within the stipulated time frame but we do not keep the information any further than the stipulated time and destroy all information immediately after that through our data wiping system.
There might be an additional cost which is discussed with the customer prior before performing the job.
To build a personal relationship with our clients and be on praiseworthy terms, our geeks sometimes call the client from their personal number, during this exchange, if any highly unlikely event such as arguments or dispute occur, and the client is not satisfied with a particular geek, then we should be informed so that we can assess the situation and take a proper course of action in response.
Note: There must be the understanding between the client and the Technician, and any derogatory words should not be used by both parties under any circumstances, if the client is unhappy with the Technician that is in service, we will look into assigning a new Technician to the client.
All customers are required to have a booking proof in the form of the booking number sent to them via the confirmation email sent by Geeks Sydney. Failure to do so shall turn the booking to be invalid and thus nullify our services and grants to the customers.
We have two types of coupons and they are to be used by the person who is eligible. Please bear extra caution before applying coupons during the checkout. We may ask you for a valid proof of identity to verify your eligibility after you have applied coupons. You may have to pay the difference if we find you have wrongfully applied a coupon that you are not eligible for.
Importance of Invoices:
All customers are expected to hold on to their invoices given by Geeks Sydney to keep an account of the services provided by us. It is also required for the customer to produce the valid invoice in case of a need of warranty or any other follow up services by Geeks Sydney. Failure to do so will nullify any warranty or grant promised by Geeks Sydney to the customers.
All payments must be paid on the Geeks Platform and must NOT be given personally to any of Geeks Sydney’s employees or contractors. In any such event, Geeks Sydney will be considered “unpaid” for their services and will not be responsible if the customer has to pay the due amount once more.
For further information regarding payments- Contact us.
Note: All dealings must be done with Geeks Sydney in the Geeks Sydney system itself and must not be associated with any third parties or employees of Geeks Sydney in order to avoid any inconvenience to the customers in the near future.
1: New hardware/products which will be purchased from us will come with product/hardware warranty from the date of the order has been placed and the duration of the warranty will state on the invoice but if not it will be treated as a product/hardware without any warranty.
2: After the initiation of any new projects for the clients, an evaluation shall take place to estimate the procedure in steps and their total fixed cost. Upon confirmation, 50% of the total project cost must be paid upfront as an advanced, the remaining 50% to be paid after the completion of the project.
3: If any problem arises after the delivery of any projects, we shall assess it immediately if it comes under the scope provided to the customer, in any such event, we shall address the issue within 2 to 3 days. But if the concerns do not meet the scope and fall under your responsibilities, then the client will be charged our normal hourly rates.
4. In case you fail to obtain any of your ordered goods from us (due to incomplete payment or any other reason) within the allocated time of a maximum of 30 days, we will either try to recover our cost of services by selling the said equipment or recycle it given that it’s not sellable.
Note: We are not responsible due to any actions that were forced to be taken after the 30 days time.
Read carefully prior to making any bookings as there are problems cannot be resolved remotely and for that, you must book a home or a business specialist.
All remote bookings are on half hourly basis which means you actually pay for a half hour and not for an hour although your invoice might say 1(one) hr/qty.
During remote services deduction, if the identified problems are found to be in need of physical presence and you would like to proceed with our suggested repairs, we shall appoint you with a home or business specialist and compensate half hour charge from your remote booking, so that you do not need to pay excess than required.
Please ensure full cooperation with our remote specialist, any misconduct or derogatory behavior will be considered as rejecting the service and forfeiting the payment.
- Goods rented from us should be returned as it was handed to you
- Any software or hardware malfunction would be assessed at the time of the return of our Goods and if found, we will be charging you at our hourly rates on the hours required to fix the issues.
- Hardware replacement will be an additional cost and it depends on the part that needs to be replaced at market rates.
- In the event, goods are being fully damaged and are not in a position to be repaired, we will seek the full market value of the exact goods.
All Terms and Conditions are subjected to change as per the law states or as Geeks Sydney deem necessary.